Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Supervisor Crossing Assessment will conduct site inspections, assessments and compliance audits, and work scopes for Canadian road crossings as assigned by the Project Manager Crossing Compliance.
- Develop understanding of the Canadian Grade Crossing Regulations for the purpose of carrying out crossing assessments & validating compliance;
- Work outdoors, occasionally in adverse weather conditions;
- Use measuring tools such as rangefinders, measuring wheels, and tape measures to collect data about road crossings, including:
- Crossing surface dimensions and condition;
- Crossing sightlines;
- Crossing signage location and condition;
- Carefully enter information into data collection forms and verify that all required fields have been completed;
- Prepare site sketches when required;
- Interpret results of data collection to create a deficiency list for each crossing;
- Make recommendations on how to remedy deficiencies at a crossing and prepare scope of work & cost estimates;
- Coordinate hi-rail inspection trips with local Engineering forces to assess crossings without road access;
- Provide direction to the Grade Crossing technician while in the field
- Update Crossing database and validate data accuracy;
- Files all inspection reports, sketches and other data electronically;
- Create one-pagers and work plans for crossing upgrades & closures;
- Meet with private and farm crossing owners to determine crossing requirement, design vehicle, usage details, and road speed;
- Assist with executing private crossing agreements.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel;
- Valid class 5 driver’s license;
- CROR D-card;
- Experience working on and around track;
- Ability to operate Hi-Rail vehicle.
- Must be willing and open to travel. Base location is negotiable.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position (please select the applicable one); all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").