Pay starts at $25.06
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 out of the top 50 logistics companies in North America, and Forbes named us one of America’s best employers. At XPO, you’re more than a driver, you’re a star on our customer service team, providing daily freight solutions to our customers. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Safely operate a tractor-trailer combination, including doubles and triples
- Provide excellent service to customers, including generating sales leads
- Load and unload freight
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (if crossing into the U.S.)
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be 21 years of age or older
- Current Class 1 or Class A CDL with hazardous materials certificate and proper airbrake/manual transmission endorsements as indicated by each province
- Safe driving record and history
- For Manitoba/Alberta Drivers: Class 1 license with airbrake endorsement
- For Saskatchewan Drivers: Class 1 license with A endorsement
- For New Brunswick Drivers: Class 1 license with airbrake F (paper license) or E (plastic license) endorsement
- For Nova Scotia Drivers: Class 1 license with airbrake endorsement
- For Ontario Drivers: Class A license with Z endorsement for airbrakes
- For Quebec Drivers: Class 1 license with F (airbrake) and M (manual transmission) endorsements
It’d be great if you also have:
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally); move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Safely climb in/out of a tractor cab/trailer
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift; safely operate heavy equipment and a forklift
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.