Job ID: 177619
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing inbound and outbound shipments with a focus on improving processes and reducing transportation costs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by complying with and enforcing all safety guidelines at shipping port
- Engage and inspire employees towards the establishment and maintenance of a positive safety culture.
- Comply with applicable company policies and legislative laws/regulations to create a safe work environment.
Sustainable Environmental Performance
- Understand and operate in accordance with company programs, policies and legislative requirements to ensure that environmental standards and performance objective targets are met.
Better Cost Management
- Plan, organize, co-ordinate and implement all practices related to the accurate and timely shipment and delivery by rail and loading and unloading of vessels
- Ensure communication of key business information to various functions (logistics, production, maintenance, purchasing) as it relates to rail and marine shipments
- Work with production to develop material forecasts and ensure forecasts are met by rail and marine carriers
- Manage vendor accounts including SAP entries regarding all incoming and outgoing shipments, and any necessary good receipts
- Rail and marine cost forecasting and reporting
- Support terminal inventory management
- Support contract negotiations
- Dispute resolution with vendor through use of detailed port and terminal activity files
- Assist with the budgeting, goals and objective setting of the Logistics department
Permanent Marketing Innovation
- Continually seek out opportunities in technology or processes that supports objectives for service and cost
Human Resource Excellence
- Actively demonstrate the behaviors outlined in the CRH Leadership Competencies to contribute to a high-performance work environment (ie: Act as a Role Model, Engage & Inspire).
- Promote commitment to the organizations’ vision & values.
- Support/implement HR programs and policies.
- University or College Degree in business or engineering preferred
- 3 or more years of industry experience, or a similar industrial environment
- Experience in transportation, cement or aggregates would be an asset
- Knowledge of SAP and BW a plus
- Proficient computer skills, including email, the internet, Microsoft Office and ability to learn additional software programs as needed
Think the Business
- Good analytical skills
- Establishes strategies to work toward key individual or work unit goals.
- Makes reasonable and sound decisions on everyday issues and problems
- Collects important data used for key financial metrics; Avoids waste to decrease the operational cost.
- Makes sound decisions regarding expenditures.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills – strong attention to details
- Makes efficient use of time, modifying own work activities and methods to eliminate wasted effort as needed.
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters; Addresses problems and issues when they arise, continuing to making progress.
- Acts independently and with self-reliance; takes the initiative to resolve difficult issues and problems when they arise.
- Works with others or gathers their input to enhance work processes or structures.
Act as a Role Model
- Leadership skills
- Shows openness to new ideas, assumptions, and opportunities; Overcomes obstacles and constraints without becoming stymied or discouraged.
- Is honest in dealings with others, building a reputation for being candid.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across departments
- Demonstrates a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Builds generally positive relationships that create a foundation for future collaboration with some diverse groups and individuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment, with frequent exposure to heat, cold, dust and noise
- This position is located across the plant
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.