Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Supervisor Production you will ensure safe, cost effective to lead in track repairs as well as replacing rails, ties, switches and ballasts in assigned locations.
- Ensure the application of CP safety practices, policies and procedures by unionized employees;
- Set work priorities and objectives on a daily basis and makes recommendations to the Roadmaster;
- Ensure that all maintenance performed on the assigned territory complies with current standards; confirm that the track is safe for authorized train speeds or is protected accordingly;
- Organize and supervise the selective renewal of various track components in a productive manner;
- Execute work in a manner consistent with the labour agreement for Production Crews;
- Manage transportation operations, including compliance with safe work procedures and practices as well as deliver a high level of productivity and customer service;
- Lead people with clear direction and goals and provide coaching and guidance to employees through regular monitoring of employee performance.
- Minimum of six years of continued progress and proven record in track work, which includes at least two of the following:
- Five years working in Basic Track Maintenance, preferably as a Track Maintenance Foreman;
- Two years working as Supervisor or Foreman of a large work crew;
- One or two years as a Machine Operator on various track machines would be beneficial;
- Demonstrates capability to understand and apply relevant track standards and practice circulars;
- Demonstrated the ability to work safely; has a clean safety/performance record;
- People leadership.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").