By applying to this job you will be put into a pool of candidates that will be used throughout the year to fill positions when they become available in this area.You will only be contacted if you are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
In this challenging role you will be a member of a team working in a high production environment performing preventative and corrective maintenance to Rail Cars:
- The starting rate of pay for Rail Car Mechanic rate is $32.874 - $38.675 per hour;
- Apprentice Rates start at $29.728 per hour and go up every 1000 hours until full rate is reached;
- Classification of Rail Car Mechanic and Apprentice will be determined by experience and current shop mix.
- Repair, maintain and inspect freight car equipment in a safe and efficient manner;
- Perform all preventative maintenance work & repairs on trucks, underframe, structure, safety appliances, braking systems, draft systems and any associated tests;
- Perform all work associated with rush repairs, road work and supplementary service operation of equipment;
- Repair and application of all associated piping & valves, guards, shrouds, covers and any cutting, burning, welding, grinding, soldiering and brazing associated with removal or application of components.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Equivalence Diploma;
- Preference will be given to those who possess a journeyman welder or commercial driver’s license;
- A valid driver's license is an asset;
- Boilermaker/ironworker would be an asset;
- Experience with heavy metal fabrication/welding would be an asset;
- Must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete job;
- Strong problem solving and computer skills;
- You must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").