Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Lead and drive technical solution for Priority 1 & 2 incidents. Prevent technical incidents though proactive event and alert monitoring. Manage and maintain service levels to mitigate impacts to Rail and Financial operations.
- Technical lead for all Priority 1 and high impacting Priority 2 incidents;
- Initiate key processes to provide overall resolution and/or workaround until corrective solution can be implemented;
- Technical understanding of IS Applications and Infrastructure to drive incident to resolution and mitigate future outages;
- Identify process gaps and recommend technical solutions to mitigate future incidents;
- Monitor all alerts and prioritizing based on severity level and impact;
- Assess and leverage key performance indicators to mitigate future issues;
- Technical leadership to support teams during and post incidents;
- Initiates security audits on the applications to ensure meeting policies and procedures to mitigate threats based in incident reviews;
- Other functions may include overflow for Network Operations and Service Desk functions depending on workload.
- University degree in Computer Science or IT college;
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience;
- Communication Management – written and verbal;
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions and incident practices – Previous experience with SCOM, Control-M and Solarwinds is a plus;
- Knowledge of ITIL framework – ITIL certification highly desired;
- Demonstrated knowledge in various technologies;
- Strong analytical and problem Solving skill – quick with risk and mitigation. Previous experience with Kepner-Tregoe methodology is a plus;
- Facilitation & negotiation skills - drives corrective action;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major initiatives;
- Communication – written, verbal, with passion and conviction;
- Customer Focus and ability to manage expectations, managing difficult situations with customers;
- 7x24x365 Operation – On Site Scheduled shift rotation (includes weekend, holidays, night and day shifts);
- Solid Conflict Resolution skills; resiliency to change and ability to manage;
- Manage diversity.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").