Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Specialist Organizational Change Management will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems, and technologies. Responsible for the creation and delivery of strategies and plans to help employees maximize the adoption of new programs by honing methods of effective and sustained behavior change across the many different business lines of Canadian Pacific. Assist in the production and revision of training material.
- Accountable for the development of a set of actionable and targeted organizational change management plans – including business impact assessments, stakeholder engagement and communication plan, evaluation plan, sponsor roadmap, training plan, sustainability plan and resistance/coaching plan.
- Manage, and communicate project schedules and status, while balancing priorities on multiple projects simultaneously
- Accountable for the production of training materials associated with the project
- Develop and issue metrics reporting for training and organizational change management effectiveness
- Able to work with project managers and the business to ensure successful implementation of new projects by executing the training, sustainability and communication plans.
- Facilitate organizational change management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to understand and ensure adoption of the Business Transformation.
- Degree in Education, Business or equivalent experience which would include experience in Organizational Change Management and Training & Development;
- Understanding of training delivery principles;
- Understand project management principles;
- Capability in the use of the Microsoft suite of tools (Word, Excel, Project) ;
- Capability in the use of Articulate Storyline;
- Ability to implement appropriate organizational change management strategies;
- Proficiency with CP internal systems would be considered an asset – LMS, TYES, Nexus, RPM, AIR, Crew Balancer, ITM, CMA;
- Ability to work with various file formats and computer applications and using the appropriate one for the project;
- Influencing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with client groups, unions and HR;
- Strong Presentation and Management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally and collaboratively.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").