Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager Internal Control, the Specialist IS Internal Control will contribute to the achievement of CP’s financial and operational goals through effective risk management by assisting in the development and sustainment of internal control policies, procedures and processes.
- Assists the Manager Internal Control with the overall management of the SOX 404/302 program for CP;
- Manages quarterly certification of controls process by business process owners and VPs;
- Conducts risk and compliance assessment for various information systems with ISO, COBIT, NIST standards;
- Analyzes the effectiveness and relevance of ITGC processes and systems to optimize the Company’s resources and assets;
- Plans and reviews ITGC/SOX controls compliance testing activities with control owners and external auditors;
- Takes lead in preparing control deficiency and remediation status reporting to senior management;
- Assists in the identification, documentation, and evaluation of the company's IT risk;
- Actively participates in IT development and implementation to resolve security and compliance issues and work with the business to put required procedures in place;
- Actively takes part in efforts to make the various business lines aware of compliance and risk issues;
- Monitors CP processes and the regulatory environment (PCAOB, SEC, COSO, etc.) for changes that could impact CP’s internal control framework.
- Achieved or working towards one or more active certifications in related areas of security and compliance such as CISA, CISM, or CISSP;
- Strong knowledge of IT control requirements and testing as it relates to SAP and SAP GRC
- A strong understanding of security and compliance frameworks such as PCI, ISO, COBIT or Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls;
- 3-5 years in accounting, auditing and / or controls design or assessment;
- Experience in developing and managing remediation plans to address gaps identified on assessments;
- Effective relationship builder;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experience in planning and project/task management;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral);
- Drive for results / self-motivated.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").