Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager Internal Control, the Analyst/Specialist Internal Control will contribute to the achievement of CP’s financial and operational goals through effective risk management by assisting in the development and sustainment of internal control policies, procedures and processes.
- Assists the Manager Internal Control with the overall management of the SOX 404/302 program for CP;
- Manages quarterly certification of controls process by business process owners and VPs;
- Plans and reviews internal controls testing to ensure completion of annual SOX and management control programs in an efficient and effective manner and in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Works closely with external auditors, internal audit and business process owners to coordinate efficient and effective execution of testing plan including scheduling of testing and remediation of control deficiencies;
- Specialist takes lead in preparing reporting to senior management of control deficiencies and status of remediation;
- Working with business process owners, takes every opportunity to continuously improve CP’s internal controls framework;
- Assists management in the maintenance of the risk and control library in the corporate Governance Reporting and Compliance software including the sustainment of all internal control documentation;
- Monitors CP processes and the regulatory environment (PCAOB, SEC,COSO, etc.) for changes that could impact CP internal control framework.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant fields required;
- Specialist - Professional Accounting Designation required, Analyst – working towards a Professional Accounting Designation;
- 3-5 years in accounting, auditing and / or controls design or assessment;
- Specialist has a detail working knowledge of PCAOB requirements and COSO framework;
- Effective relationship builder;
- Continuous improvement mindset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experience in planning and project/task management;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral);
- Drive for results / self-motivated.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").