Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provides “single point of contact” to Transportation, Engineering Signals, Trackside, Structures and Track for field and office problems: providing initial contact for all Rail Traffic Controller (RTC) emergency services; arranging the response of personnel for all Engineering field and office problems; handling Call Before You Dig (CBYD) locate requests, and providing technical reports explaining equipment related delays to trains when required. Provide support and liaison to other Engineering Service staff to expedite the resolution of problems which may require the assistance of the S&C Design Office, Regulatory Affairs, Suppliers, etc.
- Provide first line response for all RTC or Engineering related outages, including but not limited to field assets, troubles with IS and Engineering office equipment reported to Engineering Service Reliability;
- Log and track all troubles reported; assign in-house and/or service providers to arrange prompt repair;
- Manage Call Before You Dig requests and arrange for field personnel to perform cable locates as required. Escalation procedures to resolve problems;
- Handle release requests and notify affected groups. Obtain approval for potential threats or service affecting outages;
- Provide support to Managers S&C Maintenance and Regional field personnel in mitigation or investigation of troubles;
- Provide incident reports, delay reports, overtime reports, and other reports when required;
- Document and manage alarms and alerts from M/W (Maintenance of Way) and S&C (Signals &, Communications), and other railway Engineering electronic control and monitoring systems located in the Calgary Operations Centre;
- Manage and maintain communications with CP Police;
- Validate and test Field equipment such as AEI readers, HBD’s;
- Pull logs for CTC to manage investigations;
- Initiate Escalation procedures to Engineering and IS Senior management;
- Compliance to regulatory requirements both Canada and US;
- Manage and triage incidents related to PTC (Positive Train Control);
- Monitor Lone Worker employees through provided tools.
- Process a Computer Science Degree or Engineering and Mechanical equivalent;
- Technical training (Qualification as an S&C Maintainer or S&C Technician) is an asset;
- Two (2) years’ experience in railway signals and communications, which should include at least two (2) years in the electronic equipment or RTC office technical fields;
- Combination of Computer skills and Microsoft Office experience;
- Database and LAN management experience is an asset;
- Strong keyboarding skills;
- Problem solving/Strong analytics;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong listening/comprehension skills;
- Good telephone etiquette is required;
- Strong English language skills are required;
- Bilingual (French/English) is considered asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").