Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Specialist Crew Sizing and Utilization is responsible to build, maintain, and apply CP’s standard crew sizing models, regularly recommending changes to pool sizes. Additional, they are responsible to model future changes to the business to predict crew sizing needs and to ensure that all required CMC generated reports are accurately issued, as necessary, on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Specialist Crew Sizing and Utilization is responsible to build, maintain, and apply CP’s standard crew sizing models, regularly recommending changes to pool sizes. Additional, they are responsible to model future changes to the business to predict crew sizing needs and to ensure that all required Crew Management Centre (CMC) generated reports are accurately issued, as necessary, on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Build, maintain and regularly apply CP’s standard crew sizing models and make recommendations to current staffing levels;
- Model future operational designs and make recommendations on future staffing levels;
- Ensure that relevant data for scheduled weekly, monthly , quarterly reports is compiled, analyzed for accurateness and correctly distributed to Management on a timely basis;
- Analyze trends and patterns and make recommendations on improvement process opportunities or streamlining current reports;
- Ensure that all required ad hoc requests for CMC related reports are fulfilled;
- Assist in automating and improving current and future reports;
- Liaise with IT group regarding any changes required with the coding of current and future automated reports;
- Assist with the compiling and organization of data for the crew sizing meetings on a bi-weekly basis;
- Maintain the Daily health Scorecard and CMA Reporting Website and is the point of contact to handle all issues or changes related to these sites.
- High School Diploma is required; post-secondary education would be an asset;
- Operations or Transportation experience;
- Crew management experience would be an asset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Technical skills in use of Corporate operating systems/applications and Microsoft Office applications (e.g. excel, power point);
- Crew Management Application (CMA) experience is a strong asset
- Strong attention to detail skills;
- Ability to cope with stress and continue to deal effectively when meeting strict timelines;
- Strong communication skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").