Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Corporate Reporting Specialist prepares high quality financial reporting documents for disclosure in compliance with external requirements on a timely basis. The Specialist will be primarily accountable for preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), other external disclosures and certain corporate accounting and period end reporting tasks.
- Plan the detailed reporting activities, with a focus on the MD&A, on a recurring basis in order to support rapid and accurate execution;
- Coordinate execution of the plan with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the reporting process or require its output;
- Preparation of certain sections of the quarterly MD&A disclosures, including Non-GAAP measures;
- Prepare other external disclosures as required by other internal stakeholders including Investor Relations and Sales & Marketing;
- Assess reporting implications of significant financial transactions and draft related disclosures;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify, analyze and reconcile financial information for appropriate accounting treatment;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers;
- Identify and analyze possible improvements to the reporting process and implement selected solutions.
- Accounting (CPA) Designation;
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience required;
- Knowledge of US GAAP and securities regulation requirements, desirable;
- ERP/SAP expertise (desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").