Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Specialist Corporate Accounting – Compensation sustains and improves accounting and reporting activities associated with pay and benefits processes.
- Plan detailed accounting and reporting activities on a recurring basis in order to support rapid and accurate period-end close;
- Coordinate activities with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the accounting and reporting process (payroll, human resources, labour relations, information systems) or require its output (forecasting, business groups);
- Perform journal entries and reconciliations;
- Prepare financial analysis on monthly and quarterly data;
- Assess and research implications of significant financial transactions;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information and recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Ensure accounting and reporting processes comply with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Liaise with Financial Planning to facilitate forecast preparation and monitoring;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers;
- Identify and analyze possible improvements to processes and implement selected solutions.
- Accounting (CPA) Designation;
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience required;
- Knowledge of US GAAP requirements, desirable;
- ERP/SAP expertise (desirable);
- Payroll systems and processes (desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").