Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director will lead and direct key aspects of the operation and activities in the Intermodal Terminal including delivery of the Operating Plan and developmental and maintenance of a level of service that exceeds customer expectations. Ensure on time performance, effective slot utilization, and feet per FEU targets are met and provide leadership accountability for inputs and outputs of safety, service, productivity and financial metrics.
- Manage safety programs within the territory to minimize FRA PI;
- Provide service and product reliability through on-time train departure and timely train placement at all facilities and deliver to the terms of sales agreed with the customer;
- Deliver productivity targets on train by adhering to railcar loading rules and maximizing slot utilization;
- Develop and deliver the resource planning for the local Intermodal terminals and automotive compounds under the span of control;
- Ensuring that truck cycle times are minimized;
- Accountable for talent management and career development for direct reports;
- Ensuring that all CP operated equipment is maintained to comply with provincial/federal requirements;
- Develop and execute the daily plan for the terminal in reference to performance, safety, and efficiency;
- Ensure the appropriate train design (BIOP/LSOP) is in place to drive an efficient terminal operating clock to drive fluidity for the yard and the company.
- High school degree or equivalent is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation or equivalent is preferred;
- Broad understanding of rail operations;
- Understanding of intermodal and automotive terminal operations;
- Leadership skills to develop the team;
- Knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements & labor laws;
- Analytical, relationship management & dispute resolution skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization;
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse group of CP union and non-union teams and contractors;
- Ability to influence leaders;
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").