Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Coordinator, Training and Change Management is responsible for providing organizational change management leadership, services and support across many business lines of Canadian Pacific. Assist in the production and revision of training material. Upload the training materials into Learning Mgmt. System (LMS) and report on compliance. Training material will include but not limited to changes in business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The learning is designed to improve organizational performance for CP. Learning is designed for effective employee performance while matching the long term needs and strategies of the organization.
- Assist with the production and revision of a variety of training documents and related materials (manuals, handouts, and job aids).
- Assist with the assessment of training requests to determine scope and suitability
- Manage, and communicate project schedules and status, while balancing priorities on multiple projects simultaneously
- Support the development of a set of actionable and targeted organizational change management plans – including business impact assessments, stakeholder engagement and communication plan, evaluation plan, sponsor roadmap, training plan, sustainability plan and resistance/coaching plan.
- Accountable for the production, uploading, and troubleshooting of online course materials
- Develop and issue metrics reporting for training and organizational change management effectiveness
- Accountable to ensure online training is designed to function within the Learning Mgmt. System (LMS) and is tested for proper functionality.
- Accountable to produce weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports.
- Degree in Education, Business or equivalent experience which would include experience in Organizational Change Management and Training & Development;
- Understanding of training delivery principles;
- Understand project management principles;
- Understand LMS system;
- Capability in the use of Articulate Storyline;
- Capability in the use of LMS;
- Ability to implement appropriate organizational change management strategies;
- Proficiency with CP internal systems would be considered an asset – LMS, TYES, Nexus, RPM, AIR, Crew Balancer, ITM, CMA;
- Ability to work with various file formats and computer applications and using the appropriate one for the project;
- Influencing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with client groups, unions and HR
- Strong Presentation and Management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally and collaboratively.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").