Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Assistant Chief Engineer – Electrical will assist with overseeing and directing of the electrical power systems over the entire system as well as the ventilation and other S&C facilities related to the Rodgers Pass infrastructure. The successful candidate will work directly with the others to coordinate the operation of the railroad and related design and capital programs. This position reports directly to the Chief Engineer – Train Control.
- Assist in making decisions regarding company expenditures, capital improvement programs, signal power and related components and material purchases;
- Evaluate and participate in senior management decisions affecting the overall organization and its vitality;
- Provide leadership and support morale in a geographically widespread work force.
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in electrical and PLC control systems;
- Bachelor’s degree – Engineering with P.Eng or have ability to obtain an asset;
- Previous leadership experience;
- Strategic thinker - Visionary big picture;
- Ability to explain & communicate complex technical issues;
- Must be able to drive and lead change;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced 24/7 environment.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").