Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Provides “single point of contact” to Dispatchers, S&C, Crews and partner Railways for PTC related issues and incidents. Perform and support initial triage duties.
- Provide first line response for all Dispatchers and Train Crews for PTC incidents.
- Log and track all troubles reported; assign in-house and/or service providers to arrange prompt repairs.
- Pull logs from various systems for PTC incidents to assist with triage and incident management;
- Perform initial triage on PTC incidents
- Support field employees (T&E, S&C) in understanding and use of PTC systems
- Interface with partner railroads on PTC incidents
- Initiate escalation procedures to Engineering and Information Services Senior management.
- Two (2) years’ experience in railway operations is required. Positions including RTC, Train Dispatcher, T&E Employees, S&C Maintainer or S&C Technician are preferred.
- Technical training (Qualification as an S&C Maintainer or S&C Technician) is an asset;
- Two (2) years’ experience in railway signals and communications, which should include at least two (2) years in the electronic equipment or RTC office technical fields is an asset;
- Knowledge of CP’s train control systems (CTC, OCS, TGBO) and the ability to read them is an asset
- Combination of Computer skills and Microsoft Office experience;
- Excellent communications skills, including telephone and radio etiquette.
- Strong keyboarding skills;
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to coordinate and influence;
- Strong listening/comprehension skills;
- Strong English language skills are required;
- This position requires shifts to be worked on a 24/7 rotation
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").