Do you enjoy physical work and are you looking for a permanent and stable job in an environment where you will be treated like family?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team where you will have fun at work each day?
Dicom GLS Logistics Systems Canada Ltd. is the company for you!
What's in it for you?
Dicom offers a wide range of benefits for our employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Opportunity for advancement
- Insurance - medical and dental plan according to your needs
- RRSP plan
- Corporate discounts
- Reimbursement for safety boots
- Annual salary review
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonus
The primary responsibility of this role is to dispatch and monitor parcel routes by being a resource for the independent contractor delivery teams on the road.
Another critical responsibility for this role will be to ensure all problem parcels are corrected before being given back to the contractor delivery teams the next day. This role is critical piece in the parcel on-road and in-station operations.
Shift: 11:00am to 7:00pm *with shift flexibility
Salary: $18 to $20 (based on experience)
- Be a resourceful dispatcher for on road and in station operations
- Ensure all phone calls are attended to and all issues are resolved
- Engage with customers for pickups and deliveries.
- Play a liaison between the independent contractor delivery teams and the customers
- Direct point of contact for customer service reps from Dicom
- Deep dive service using Business Intelligence tools and report to supervisor daily
- Key contact in after hours pickups and deliveries
- Key contact in after hours tracing.
- Communicate with independent contractor teams to ensure they are following procedures correctly
- Complete OSD reports
- Assist the customer service with tracing
- Help with billing and other clerical tasks
- Conducting warehouse searches for parcels
- Replying to all customer service and other e-mails
- Work closely with all departments to ensure there is synergy
80% of the time working with a computer and/or on the phone
20% of the time standing in the warehouse or in the department
Variable weather conditions
You will work on a flexible schedule based on business need primarily in the afternoon, however flexibility is a must.
Do not wait!! Send us your resume and become part of a winning team today!
Founded in 1968 as a courier service with a single car and driver, Dicom now serves customers across a wide range of industries with multiple modes of transportation fulfilling over 80,000 shipments each day.
Dicom meets the needs of business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) customers through parcel, freight and logistics services, tailored to each and every one of those customers’ unique needs and requirements.
As of August 30, 2018, Dicom was sold to General Logistics Systems (GLS). This will allow Dicom to have access to the complete GLS network and allow for expansion into international services.
The fusion between the two companies will offer many advantages to our employees, clients and partners.
Dicom Transportation Group has an Equal Access to Employment Program and invites women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.