Top 3 skills:
1) Experience troubleshooting hardware issues with routers & switches - specifically working with Ciscso, Juniper, F5 - coming from a service provider
2) Experience with configuring & deployment of protocols - OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VLAN, VPLS.
3) Experience with creating and reviewing MOP- maintenance of procedures
Area of Responsibility Under the direction of Technical support Manager. this position will ensure the smooth operation of the Corporations data and voice network in order to provide optimized network performance and availability through proactive monitoring and analysis, performance tuning & troubleshooting of network problems. The Network Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, administering, maintaining and supporting LAN, VLAN, WAN and Wireless infrastructures. The Engineer provides technical support for data/voice network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and participates in projects / tasks as needed in order to upgrade or implement new and improved communication equipment and procedures. Act as an internal consultant to project and application teams regarding all data communications systems, sub-systems and related integration & configuration.
* Understands, specifies and articulates net new data communication solutions for the City's wireless networking infrastructure including, but not limited to, routing and switching, security, load balancing, and Data Centre technologies
* Develops configurations, test plans, installations and instructional documentation for various types of network communication hardware and software including new releases
* Performs technical evaluation, testing, validation and implementation of data communications hardware, software, operating systems, network technologies and applications to meet the Corporations' business needs * Participates on project teams as a technical resource to assist in the research, selection, evaluation and implementation of new/upgraded network communications and software applications
* As part of a team, works closely with internal IP engineering and Vendors (Juniper/Cisco/F5 /Paloalto) to ensure new network requirements are properly understood, scoped, and implemented as scheduled
* Proactively monitors network performance, security, and capacity ensuring availability & reliability and identify/provide recommendations for improvement
* Makes recommendations for new management and monitoring solutions to effectively and efficiently support the network infrastructure
* Authors and maintains detailed Layer 2 and 3 network and technology solution diagrams with help of engineering
* Participates in and provides high level analysis to troubleshoot network & technology infrastructure/integration issues and identify alternate solutions and recommendations for corrective measures
* Actively maintains an awareness of developments in technologies and standards and provide guidance and recommendations regarding wired and wireless communication directions
* Creates and updates processes and standard operating procedures
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.