Agilus is currently seeking for Turnaround Project Controls Analyst to work for 12 months contract in Fort McMurray for one of the largest owner/operators in Canada.
Scope of work:
This role will interact with Capital and Turnaround Projects team members Procurement and Finance personal on day to day activities involving project management, particularly with scheduling and cost control, the role requires the ability to use advanced and up to date integrated project controls software systems for capital projects and Turnaround maintenance projects. This role will report to the Project Control’s Team lead.
- Intermediate MS Office and SAP skills, specifically SAP Project system
- Identify and tackle problems using a diversity of standard methods, demonstrating judgement in selecting, classifying, and analyzing data from different sources
- Collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- Ability hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- Continuous improvement mindset with strong analytical and decision-making capacity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Cost or Construction Engineering, Business Degree or equivalent
- The individual must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the chemical, refining or other industrial manufacturing industries
- 3-5 years related work experience in project controls, scheduling or cost engineering
- 3-5 years Primavera P6 experience and scheduling in a construction environment is an asset
- Previous Capital Project experience from working in a chemical plant, a refinery, oil and gas production, construction of major facilities, power generation or public infrastructure is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of cost accounting and engineering practices, Work Breakdown Structure creation and management, and work packaging strategy from engineering to construction
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Access and Excel
- Proficiency in computer skills including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and SAP
- Experience with engineering and construction-based cost systems such as productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking.
- Experience with project control tracking/forecasting/scheduling software systems
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills towards the generation of solutions and sound decisions
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with stakeholders in verbal, written and electronic form
How to Apply
All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter in MS Word to the attention of Sameer Moddin at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
We encourage you to visit www.dg.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available every day!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates.
Keyword: Project; Controls; Intermediate; Oil & Gas; Budgets; Reporting; Vendor; Management; Finance; Capital budgets; MS Office; SAP; WBS; Accounting Certification.