Deco Automotive, located in Rexdale and Brampton, Ontario is an automotive parts manufacturing facility that produces structural automotive components for Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEM”) including BMW, Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Tesla, and Toyota/Lexus. Deco Automotives’ capabilities include; Stamping, Hydroforming, Laser, CNC Machining, E Coating, Steel and Aluminum Assembly. We are certified in ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
To support and work with the Maintenance Electricians in the day-to-day aspects of electrical maintenance. It is expected that the apprentice will make every effort possible to enhance his/her skills and knowledge to become certified in the trade. Key Responsibilities
• To support and work with maintenance Electricians; Key Qualifications/Requirements
• To maintain acceptable GPA while attending school;;
• To regularly obtain the required tools and equipment required by the trade
• To follow instructions, written and verbal from Electricians;
• To attend any training courses deemed suitable by the Supervisor;
• Able to rotate shifts as need to meet learning schedules;
• Able to understand and follow CS-462 and/or NEMA 70-E;
• Has good interpersonal and communication skills and is results oriented;
• Has an exemplary attitude towards housekeeping, safety and company policies;
• Work within the guidelines of the Deco Employee Handbook;
• Commitment to continuous improvement and work place safety;
• TS16949 awareness and adherence;
• ISO14001 awareness and adherence;
• Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts awareness and adherence;
• Other duties as may be required.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent and work experience Additional Information
• Successful completion of Pre-Apprenticeship/Mechanical Techniques program from a recognized educational institution.
• Read schematics and drawings associated with the trade
• General knowledge of shop safety practices
• Ability to read and write English
• Physically capable of performing essential duties of the job.
• Accepts personal responsibility to plan and conduct their work safely in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act as well as company policies and guidelines;
• Responsible for Good House Keeping in your area.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.