Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Service Technician. As a Service Technician, you will increase levels of customer service by performing preventive maintenance and making repairs on equipment as needed in the most effective and cost-efficient way possible to avoid downtime at the customer location. Maintains and repairs all types of equipment offered by Sunbelt (specifically aerial lift equipment), including diagnosing complex equipment problems while following all safety rules.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Service equipment as required and avoid unnecessary down-time, ensure proper working condition of equipment when leaving the shop
• Dismantles, reassembles and rebuilds equipment as needed
• Diagnoses and repairs standard mechanical equipment problems
• Fabricate parts as needed
• Performs regular and service level safety inspections on equipment
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment (service truck or shop work station)
• Meet all company, governmental and equipment-specific safety requirements
• Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
• Technical degree preferred
• 3+ years’ experience with heavy equipment/diesel equipment and industrial lift repairs or similar equipment
• Previous aerial lift repair experience required (JLG, Genie, etc).
• Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving history.
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to work independently while being flexible regarding work assignments
• Must possess a high degree of safety-awareness
• Strong working knowledge of equipment design and safety requirements.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.