Our vision is to be the best provider of building products in the eyes of our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and communities.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another.
We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication.
Our employees are flexible, versatile and resilient. Our ability to weather any storm, to bend without breaking, is what allows us to hear the knock and open the door with confidence, no matter what's on the other side.
At Masonite, we hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We want everyone to freely contribute ideas and add value, so we are positive and encouraging. This collaborative environment is what makes Masonite a transparent, fair company- one that doesn't hide behind closed doors.
We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) will be responsible for helping to create, modify (as needed) and execute the Residential Sales Strategy and leading major customer initiatives within their defined territory.
The successful candidate will partner with entire customer base including one step and retail partners to capture and drive sales as well as work down channel to target and win new customers in the builder & pro remodeler arena.
The TSM will work strategically with multiple management levels within the customers' organization and at Masonite to ensure win/win scenarios are executed and profitable sales growth is achieved.
The focus of this role is to execute the customer go to market strategy, ensuring initiatives are executed locally to maximize market penetration throughout entire channel.
The TSM's efforts link directly to outside sales, whether or not the TSM is the actual seller.
As a result, the TSM should utilize creativity, engagement and independent judgment in regard to the above tasks and is expected to spend meaningful time with customers to continually drive sales and strengthen relationships.
Sales - Delivering Results
- Work with the Director of Sales and Channel Marketing team to develop and implement sales growth strategies to increase Masonite's market share within assigned territory.
- Lead the Retail partnership activities in-store to drive stock sales sell-thru on all products- including special buys and promotions, new product rollouts, and high-velocity SKU turns.
- Plan, promote, and execute selling events and commercial partnership events that drives Retail channel share growth.
- Quote and close large volume jobs to remodelers and builders through our partners, driving incremental sales.
- Utilize business analytics tools to make smart business decisions, driving mix optimization, focusing on high-margin opportunities, product mix enhancements, ensuring stewardship in the market.
- Work with channel partners to target key dealers that service consumer, new construction and remodel market segments.
- Educate direct and indirect Masonite customers by regular training and Product Knowledge sessions to introduce new products, programs and drive profitable market share for Masonite.
- Work with channel partners to support and successfully seat display and product training to dealer, builder, and remodeler showrooms & show homes.
- Communicate internally consumer & channel partner needs to Channel Marketing and Product Development teams. Support manufacturing plants providing service and quality feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of account development and/or management, retail merchandising and/or exposure to conducting training activities
- Territory travel (90%) with some overnight
- Brings insight to key customers to generate and execute win-win ideas for mutual benefit to differentiate versus competition.
- Viewed internally and externally as highly knowledgeable about the specific market they are accountable by understanding market place macro drivers, trends, customers, and competitors.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present both internally and externally, tailoring the message to the target audience.
- Expertise in market product knowledge including codes & compliance and trends for our full range of products.
- Ability to develop strong Customer Relationships at all levels of their customers organizations.
- Takes ownership of business internally and externally. Creates and coordinates cross-functional teams consisting of internal support groups and the customer’s organization focusing on delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Utilizes available tools to increase profitable sales and to drive EBITDA for the organization. Understands the capabilities of Power BI and CRM and how to effectively employ them to achieve volume, profitability and a healthier product and customer mix.
- Highly motivated and driven to meet and achieve operating plans and forecasts. Creates a focused plan of action to have enough growth opportunities to offset any risks to achieve desired target.
- Delivers innovative and creative ideas for continuous improvement and growth on a regular basis.
- Conducts herself/himself with the highest moral and ethical standards and is a daily ambassador/representative of the Masonite Values.