Job ID: 161672
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
The Technical Estimator Sr is responsible for providing quotes to customers. This position must have minimum 5yrs experience as an Estimator in the commercial windows and doors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing quotations to customers
- Have an understanding of bid request through specifications/drawings ensuring quote is technically compatible and competitive
- Maintain broad knowledge of US Aluminum products to offer customer
- Answer customer calls and resolve customers questions/concerns by providing relevant and accurate information
- Document customer interactions and transactions in Tandem
- Demonstrate sincere desire to understand and anticipate the needs of customers
- Participate in educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of Product Group
- Regular and predictable attendance safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment during the business process:
- Converting (Project Managing)
- Provide expert advice to CR Laurence customers specific to the Product Group represented
- Share industry knowledge, understanding, experiences and problem-solving abilities to CR Laurence customers when customers are presented with an issue or concern
- Have the ability to Partner and form Relationships with CR Laurence customers for the benefit of both CR Laurence and our Customer
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
To be considered for the Technical Estimator Sr position in the US Aluminum Department, the following conditions must be met:
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree preferred but not required
- Ability to work at a fast pace and stay current with all inquiries and follow up tasks
- Knowledge of general pricing and margins applied and negotiating skills
- General understanding of glass systems
- Effective navigation of CRL’s web site and business software to retrieve product and business transaction information
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize effectively
- Must have excellent customer service skills; Ability to exercise tact and discretion, and good self-expression
- Demonstrate critical thinking and independent thinking skills to anticipate and resolve issues
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.