Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
As a Sunbelt Sales Engineer you will be responsible for renting and selling our diverse line of portable air conditioners, dehumidifiers, air scrubbers and temporary heaters within assigned territory. The typical customer base constitutes a mix of general and specialty contractors, commercial and industrial businesses, and event companies.
In addition to cultivating existing accounts and developing new ones, you will work closely with our General Tool Division and other Specialty Divisions providing turn-key solutions utilizing Sunbelt’s wide array of equipment and services. This will entail working closely with the Sale Reps and Managers throughout the organization maximizing our penetration within a new and existing customer base.
• Embrace and promote Sunbelt’s safety culture
• Develop and execute territory sales plans to expand existing customer base and develop new customers within assigned territory and markets segment to “grow the business”
• Solicit business by calling on regular and prospective customers via phone or traveling throughout the assigned territory for planned visits or cold calls
• Provide technical sales and application solutions for customers
• Prepare design-engineered, highly-detailed proposal to solicit orders, close deals and win business.
• Coordinate project specs with internal operational personnel to ensure that the objective of the job is accomplished in accordance with the customer time line and requirements
• Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities within assigned territory
• Maintain CRM database daily through consistent entering of sales calls and job site details
• Keep pipeline report accurate through consistent updating of opportunities and reporting on opportunity wins and losses
• In concert with management, develop and achieve applicable Annual Territory Sales Plan which sets KPI’s, revenue & market growth targets
• Learn all technical aspects of equipment, function and appropriate applications
• Provides technical training to customers relating to use, operation and maintenance of equipment
• Performance will be measured by annual territory revenue and market growth targets
Essential Attributes include:
• The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, possess excellent communication skills, be highly motivated, and a results driven sales professional
• Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple opportunities and clients concurrently
• Ability to work effectively and meet sales objectives without detailed day-to-day direction
• Strong project management, new business development and customer retention skills a must
Education & Experience:
• 2) year’s plus of direct sales experience, in solution-selling approach, preferably in high transaction volume sales with a proven sales track record.
• A college degree is preferred or equivalent experience in equipment rental or HVAC industry.
• This position requires a strong technical background, detail-oriented along with the ability to learn engineering concepts.
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.