Kruger Products L.P. is most well known as the leading manufacturer and distributor of Canada's leading Tissue Brands (including Cashmere®, Purex®, Scotties®', SpongeTowels®, White Swan® and Embassy®) for both the consumer and away from home markets, but we're quickly becoming known as one of Canada's best places to work as well.
We are leaders in our communities, leaders in sustainability, and leaders in connecting with our consumers. Our headquarters is in Mississauga, ON, but we proudly have nearly 2,500 employees spread across seven manufacturing plants in Quebec, British Columbia, Ontario, and Tennessee. Our publically-traded entity, KP Tissue Inc., is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol KPT. We recently acquired Metro Paper Industries to continue to build on our leadership position in the industry.
Our majority shareholder, Kruger Inc., is a Canadian-based manufacturing company in a variety of other industry sectors including renewable energy, publication papers, forest products, paperboard and packaging, wines and spirits, and recycling.
We know our people are our greatest competitive advantage, and we strive to help them grow, succeed, innovate, and make our company even better each and every day.
Better yet, we are now looking for qualified candidates to join our growing team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Part time -3 days per week
The Field Sales Representative Under the direction of the West Supervisor, you will work collaboratively with our retail customers to maximize the presence of Kruger Product brands. You will be responsible for the in-store execution of assigned priorities; Merchandising, Promotions and Sales, working independently in your territory.
The Field Sales Representative is the link between the retail location and KPLP. They ensure execution of all agreed upon programs to expand our presence within the retail outlet. The incumbent must achieve all assigned objectives and maximize Kruger Products' in store presence. The individual must establish a strong working relationship with the customer and maintain an open line of communication to ensure success. Operating in multiple channels - grocery, drug, mass merchandising and big box stores, the incumbent is responsible for managing their own sales territory (at store level) to achieve desired program objectives in each channel.
The objective is to increase sales and to improve and expand the positioning of Kruger Products through merchandising, within the given retail setting.
- Call customers (store level) on a regular basis.
- Execute and deliver retail coverage as per plan for efficient and effective call frequency.
- Apply store call methodology on store visits to maximize daily calls, working in an efficient manner.
- Set call objectives, achieve targets and utilize strong interpersonal skills to present monthly priorities to store decision makers.
- Core program execution; shelf management, distribution, planograms, pricing, merchandising, sales and always maximizing in-store display and product visibility.
- Easily build multi-level working relationships complete with strong communication skills to create a high level of interest at store level
- Provide feedback on changes in the retail environment, providing clear, concise and accurate information.
- Execute programs and tasks of our partner to grow their business. Cross Merchandising where possible Kruger product line with that of our partner.
- Execute procedure as outlined for any Kruger Products L.P. partnerships providing full representation at store level.
- Participate in all contests meeting set goals and objectives.
- Work at various tradeshows as required, this at times may include weekend hours.
- Back up coverage in other territories as required.
- Sample pick up and price audits.
- Special projects, collection of intelligence at store level when required.
- This is a full time position requiring the successful candidate to work 5 days per week each day a total of 8 hours excluding drive time to and from 1st and last call.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Must have 1-3 years of retail sales and / or merchandising experience working in the Grocery, Mass and Drug retail trade
- Post-secondary degree from either a University or College preferred
- Proficiency in a PC/Windows environment: Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy working in a competitive business environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Disciplined, a proven work ethic and a passion for retail.
- The incumbent is required to have strong organizational skills, negotiation and sale skills
- The incumbent must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Skill to be able to manage representation of several portfolios
- Must be available for limited travel
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Great People: You will be part of the Kruger Products team
- Great Company: Kruger Products has been named one of GTA's Top Employers for the past seven consecutive years as well, named Forbes 2019 Canada's Best Employers.
Kruger Products is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under KPLP's Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan - 1.04.33. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger Products but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.