Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
Territory: GTA North West, L4H 0R9
What’s it like to work here?
As a leading, global toy and entertainment company, we value all our employees by providing work life balance along with many additional benefits. From a free and discounted Toy Program, Spin Master also provides an annual KPI Incentive Program, Service Anniversary Rewards, Paid Company Holidays along with Referral Bonuses to name a few.
“I have worked at Spin Master for 10 years now. What I love about working here is working my own schedule and the freedom of working independently all year but still know that anyone is just a phone call away. I love the DTS process of ordering product into my stores, getting the product and building my features throughout the year. I love the relationships I have built over the years with the management teams at my stores along with the great perks that came with the job including the four free toys the company lets us choose every year for Christmas.” – Rick P, 10 years at Spin Master
As a Retail Sales & Merchandising Representative, you will merchandise and sell products to an established account base and ensure our products are available on-shelf, at the right price and location within your assigned territory. You will receive extensive product and sales training to prepare you for this role where you will maintain customer relationships by collaborating with accounts on merchandising, sales, and promotions.
What we can expect from you:
- Build constructive customer relationships and collaborate with store level management to negotiate orders, display space and features
- Maximize sales and customer interest by packing out & displaying products appropriately
- Monitor Spin Master/Competitor brands, feature activity, pricing, promotions, etc.
Hours: 20 hours per week
Who’s a good fit for this team?
“Being a Part Time Retail Sales & Merchandising Rep for Spin Master has enriched my life in so many ways. Working in the toy industry keeps me current on all the top toy trends that my grandkids love to play with. A benefit of working for Spin Master is I get company holidays off with pay which allows me to enjoy them with family and friends. The training is comprehensive and team nation-wide is filled with positive people that I can reach out to anytime. I love it!” – Kristina S, 2 years at Spin Master
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Motivated self-starter with effective and efficient scheduling of stores within the territory
- Ability to travel daily to retail accounts within territory
- Regular physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of products, cases, display features and pallets
- Ability to lift-up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend/squat, climbing ladders
You should apply if you have the following:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of outside sales or merchandising experience with retail stores with a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals
- Experience with big box retail stores a plus
- Excellent reading comprehension and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong time management, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to work independently while part of a remote team
- Proficient smartphone and computer skills in internet, email, Excel spreadsheets, and MS Office programs (Must have own daily access to a computer with internet, Microsoft Office programs)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business use
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance coverage valid in Province of work
- Flexibility to work occasional holidays, evenings and/or weekends as required
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.