Job ID: 154602
Work Type: Contract
Work Status: Full-time
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
The Technical Service Coordinator is a developmental role consisting of activities to maintain the quality management system and in performing, coordinating and reporting concrete testing. Reporting to the Supervisor of Technical Services, the Technical Services Coordinator will meet customer needs by maintaining a high level of product quality through the testing of concrete and its raw materials.
Position Responsibilities (key duties, scope of position, goals, expectations, and skill requirements:
- Interface with other field technicians, Drivers, Lab Personnel, Plant Operators, Supervisors and Managers to communicate quality objectives and results.
- Sampling and testing of concrete and other raw materials to ensure they meet plant and job site regulatory specifications
- Maintaining daily records of all test data
- Deliver and administration of value-added products to accommodate customer needs.
- Developing technical reports and analysis of concrete quality
- General concrete laboratory duties.
- Equipment operation and calibration, including preventive and general maintenance
- Analyze quality metrics and identify issues and opportunities allowing continuous improvement
- Field/Laboratory environment
- Travel to plants and job sites
- Physical demands
Position Requirements (Experience, Technical Expertise and Core Competencies):
- Safety oriented and sound knowledge of OH&S policies, procedures and regulations
- Knowledge of concrete and aggregates testing
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent problem solving abilities, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, flexible and able to adjust to changing needs, priorities and work times
- Capability to work in an outdoor environment, with frequent exposure to heat, cold, dust and noise is required
- Must have valid G driver’s license
- Diploma or Degree in Civil, Construction or Chemical Technology Program, or
- Registered member of The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering and Applied Science Technicians and Technologists
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com