Amcor Rigid Packaging
- Performs a variety of duties necessary to monitor and support the performance of the Amcor quality system and react to non-conformances. Will liaison with suppliers and customers providing on-site support, as required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must respect Amcor Rigid Packaging's primary focus, that is to ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Develop and implement corrective actions to promote continuous improvement.
- Maintain data collection equipment and systems.
- Develop work instructions and form control documents to support quality system
- Participate in all customer and third party audit programs (AIB, HACCP, IFS PAC secure etc).
- Provide quality support and training to employees.
- Conduct incoming and in process quality inspection, test and calibration.
- Independently investigate and thoroughly document customer complaints and supplier non-conformances.
- Close interaction with leadership team
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by the company absentee control program.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED with post-secondary degree required.
- Experience: 1 – 3 years in a quality function
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to operate quality control equipment. Experience with Vision technology an asset.
- Proficient in reading blue prints and applying mathematical concepts including geometry, trigonometry, fractions, percentages and statistical inferences.
- Demonstrates highly effective oral and technical writing skills.
- Plastic experience related to two step blow moulding, extrusion blow moulding and one step Injection moulding an asset,
- Work experience with audit standards such as AIB, HACCP and IFS PAC secure an asset.
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Must have valid passport, capable of North American travel (10% travel)
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
- Quality Lead
- Quality Manager
- Plant Leadership
- Other plant employees
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to move objects up to 40 lbs in weight.
Work Environment : Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.