Do you have a degree in Agriculture and/or equivalent experience in forage or agricultural operations? Do you have at least two years' experience working with producers and farmers in a business relationship capacity? Do you have experience purchasing or selling agricultural products and/or commodities? If so, AND, you have excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you!
The Wilbur Ellis Company Nutrition Division is seeking a driven professional to create, develop, and execute merchandising plans. We need someone to purchase the right forage product for the right price and cultivate strong relationships with suppliers and customers. The ideal candidate has a love of Agriculture and outstanding sales and customer service skills. The Wilbur-Ellis team is a high-energy one, whose members’ longevity speaks to our positive work environment. Join us and enjoy a challenging career with lots of opportunity to grow a business, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and the inherent benefits of working for a strong and profitable industry leader.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- A degree in Agriculture and/or equivalent experience in forage or agricultural operations
- Background in Agriculture – good knowledge of farming operations plus 2-3 years of experience working with producers or farmers in a business relationship capacity
- Experience purchasing or selling agricultural products or commodities would be an asset
- Travel availability: for overnight business travel, to include occasional travel by air and possibly international travel
Key Personal Attributes:
- Strong will to succeed – a creative thinker who can build a business and has the ability to make cold calls and deal with rejection
- Self-disciplined & motivated; strong negotiation & relationship-building skills
- Outgoing, positive approach to business, a “can do” attitude with a high level of integrity
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Cultivate relationships with existing growers and suppliers
- Purchase forage products for our Lethbridge and Cremona facility
- Market forage products to the domestic North American Market
- Originate specific product and move it to immediate export sales
- Make customer visits and monitor product quality throughout the year
- Manage local farming projects – including inputs, farming operations, and transportation
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary/bonus structure/benefits package
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington and is a marketer and distributor of value-added nutrition ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides nutrition solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.