We are currently seeking a Material Handler for Toronto Plant and will report to Shift Technician.
Who are we?
We are a leading provider of top quality rigid packaging. Our organization consists of more than 2,400 employees in over 55 locations. We are a customer driven company with proven expertise in the areas of custom design, supply chain fulfillment and diverse manufacturing platforms. We are a company that is passionate about helping our clients succeed. Companies nationwide rely on Consolidated Container Company to provide products, support innovation, facilitate marketing decisions and improve business performance in their daily operations. Our talented and diverse team of employees rivals all others in the industry. We are an end to end, total/turn-key/go-to-market solution provider from graphics design, bottle design, to merchandising solutions:
Corporate Website: http://cccllc.com/ Design Center: http://cccllc.com/design-center/
What do we Stand for?
On a Daily Basis, We Exemplify Our Guiding Principles
What sets Consolidated Container Company apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people.
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seek Fulfillment in Your work
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allow our employees to feel valued and excited about the impact Consolidated Container Company has on both consumers and clients who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Consolidated Container Company is committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and Roth feature, CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to have a work life balance ensuring they are at their best in whatever they do. We offer a generous holiday, vacation and time off program as well as opportunities to contribute to our local communities and broader scale sustainability efforts.
In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions, seminars and a generous tuition reimbursement benefit.
To ensure that all production lines are fully operational at all times and prevent downtime from lack of supply of components for the lines. Assist with start-ups and shutdowns when required. Attend to minor maintenance problems when needed. To contribute to a human work environment where fairness, equity, and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This job description has been prepared as a guide to ensure better communication and understanding. All responsibilities however have not been included, nor could they be. Your supervisor may from time to time ask you to perform other related duties not specifically included in this description. Likewise, this description will be revised when required to meet current business needs.Quality and Production
- Provide necessary supply of components as required in Production, so that quality parts are produced and production in not interrupted.
- Clear product lines of WIP or Finished Goods inventory, wrap & strap as per customer requirement and store them in appropriate locations in the warehouse.
- Manage warehouse space to ensure product preservation.
- Perform colour changes as needed, refer to QMP.015.
- Ensure vacuum loaders/blenders are setup and operating properly, refer to QMP.014.
- Ensure right materials are being used in blenders at correct % as per specification.
- Clean grinders as required, refer to QMP.016 Grinder Cleaning Safety Procedure.
- Ensure filters are cleaned as per schedule.
- Keep control of regrind, colour, chunks.
- Help with cycle counts and period end counts.
- Advise Supervisor when supplies and components used in production need to be replenished.
- Helping production with breaks when needed. (This requires signing off on Operator job description)
- Assist in after hours shipping and receiving activities.
- Assist with Machine change overs.
Keep Supervisors informed of all job-related matters by:
advising Supervisor immediately of any production or quality related problems.
informing Supervisor of improved operating methods.
Ask your supervisor whenever you are uncertain of something.
Housekeeping, Safety, and Security
- To follow Company safety rules including wearing of proper safety equipment as instructed, at all times.
- Report to Supervisor immediately any unsafe acts or workplace conditions.
- Ensure that the building is a clean and safe workplace at all times.
- Must not disclose to any person, without the Company’s consent, any information concerning its inventions, processes, methods, trade secrets, or procedures owned or used by the Company or any confidential information in any way relating to the Company’s business affairs.
- To ensure that no unauthorized people enter the plant. Verify that all doors are locked and lights, equipment, etc. are turned off when not in use.
- Employee Orientation and Employee Handbook
- ISO 9001 awareness
- WHMIS & Legal responsibilities
- Proper Lifting Techniques
- Fork truck training and maintenance
- Grinder Cleaning procedure
Skills required are forklift license & experience, good understanding of Health and Safety matters such as hazard identification, lock out tag out; knowledge of products, components and ability to accept and follow instructions easily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.