Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results. Job Description:
Reporting to the Director of IT Enterprise Applications, the primary responsibility of this role is to implement and develop core business processes in Order Fulfillment, Logistics with integration to Finance, and Materials Management. This encompasses resolving production support issues, identifying and implementing business process transformation initiatives, development of functional specifications, tracking requirements traceability matrix, and collaborating with ABAP and BW personnel. The candidate will be a key contributor to the Toronto IT Enterprise Applications team and will work closely with cross-functional business representatives across globe.
Business Process Improvement
- Identify and recommend actions to streamline business processes; Analysis of process to be implemented including evaluation of downstream impacts, configuration of various SAP modules, collaborate with ABAP team on development of custom objects or enhancements, performs and assist business users with testing through training and communication amongst the end user community.
- Assist in business systems and process reviews, assist users in defining and documenting their business system requirements.
- Guide employees when defining existing business process to ensure business system requirements are aligned with those processes, including recommendation for improvement and documentation.
- Identify risks and risk mitigation, and seeks approval on major configuration and developments.
Implementation of new SAP functionality
- Adhere to Spin Master IT Project management methodology and change control policies
- Facilitate Business Requirements Gathering through workshops and interviews with business experts
- Work closely with end users to ensure a common understanding of day to day activities
- Prepare and maintain SAP business process documentation
- Prepare and maintain all associated project documentation
- Configuration of the system to meet the business process requirements.
- Prepare Functional specs for all system changes, work with ABAP developer where necessary
- Perform unit and functional testing
- Facilitate Integration and User Acceptance Testing
- Assist with SAP End-User Training to all customer service, sales, and planning groups
- Prepare Cut-over Plan where necessary
- Perform/Monitor all cut-over activities in preparation for Go-Live
- Support all Spin Master business units globally on SAP issues and change requests.
- Address production support issues according to issue criticality and priority as set by Manger, Business Applications
- Regularly review the elements of the Sales and Distribution processes used at all facilities
- Support where applicable third party software interfaces such as those pertaining to EDI
Stay current on area of expertise
- Maintain proficiency and stay current with regards to the SAP modules
- Stay current on business application software products assigned to support
What we can expect from you:
- SAP functional expertise in SD: Order to Billing process, Inter-Company Process, Credit Management, Rebate, Return and 3rd-party Process, Pricing, Tax procedure, Output Determination, ATP and Product Allocation, integration with FI and other modules
- SAP technical experience in SD: Know eCATT/Winshuttle, Familiar with User-Exits/BADIs and other enhancements available; Capable of working with developer in the area of Smart Forms, ALE, EDI-Mapping, Interface.
You should apply if you have the following:
What you can expect from us:
- A University Computer Science or Business Commerce degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a consultant implementing and supporting the SAP modules
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word and MS Visio
- EDI experience, an asset
- Fiori experience, an asset
- Experience working with the following applications is useful; MS SharePoint, SAP BI, Speedquote, Gentran
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.