Reporting to the Finance Director, the Business Development & Acquisition Manager provides support and assistance to independent CARQUEST Partners’ stores, enforcing company credit policies, as well as helping implement strategic goals and business objectives to facilitate the company growth through prospective acquisitions.
This role will help drive our partners’ profitability and interfaces across all levels of the organization within finance, operations, sales and the Independents leadership team. Key components of the role will include, driving business strategies, evaluating and managing prospective acquisitions, managing the company’s liabilities in A/R, enforcing company credit policies and inventory opportunities related to our independent partners’ stores. This role is suited to candidates with strong leadership skills who have experience in project management, business consulting, mergers and acquisitions, experience in automotive industry is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies strategic relationships with partners or potential customers. Create strategic plans to identify and pursue new business developments to support company growth.
- Lead company store acquisitions projects; deal evaluations, negotiations, preparation of legal and closing documents for store purchase or sale.
- Develop business relationships and coach our independent partners’ stores to achieve enhanced profitability and operate under sound financial practices.
- Assist our independent partners’ achieve their store growth potential.
- Build strong working relationships with sales teams, leadership and corporate legal and credit departments
- Monitor accounts receivables from Independent partners and enforce company credit policies; resolve billing issues, credit limits and credit holds with our credit team. Assist with the credit investigation for all new stores. Review and resolve bad debt issues. Maintain credit files and monitor PPSA filings for continuation on Independent stores.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend income statements, balance sheets and statements of cash-flows to create pro-forma statements and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Sound Excel skills; able to leverage technology efficiently.
- Ability to negotiate and review contracts
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of senior management, business owners, department heads, and the Finance/IT/Business teams.
- Bilingual French/English an asset.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related required and 3-10+ years’ experience in a related field. Exposure to small businesses is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Travel 50%, to meet with store owners, participate in new store conversions, prospect new business and work with sales teams. .
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and basis of disability or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.