Agilus is currently recruiting for Printer and Photocopier Repair Technicians for contract opportunities with our prestigious client in the printing field.
Accountable for servicing and repairing a variety of products and additional duties, as required. The role responsibilities typically involves the installation and routine maintenance on small desktop and convenience copiers, printers and MFDs within a specified geography. Depending on geography or company needs, there may be additional product requirements.
• Uses basic information about the customer to anticipate needs and to represent our client in a professional manner.
• Puts the customer first and works with other employees as required to ensure the delivery of service.
• Communicates clearly and confidently with the customer both written and orally as required.
• Provides customer training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures.
• Adheres to documented escalation procedures to resolve customer issues.
• Performs full range of maintenance on small desktop/convenience copiers, printers and MFD`s including technical diagnostics, software loads, print driver installs, network installations, removal, retrofit and customer call assistance.
• Corrects service problems within the assigned products with some assistance, as required.
• Basic Windows and Network Connectivity knowledge
• Can complete basic installs: must be able to connect individual devices to the customers network and install drivers onto PCs.
• Responsible for assigned company assets (i.e. parts, tools, communication and computing devices, vehicles).
• Maintains and manages onsite inventory with a high degree of effectiveness.
• Minimum: High School Diploma / GED (classes and experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired)
• Preferred: College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification with less than 1 year working experience.
• 1-3 years of experience as a Customer Service Engineer in an on-site break-fix role.
• Possess a valid (full) drivers license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record (note that all individuals whose job responsibilities may include driving are subject to periodic motor vehicle records checks).
• Requires sufficient insurance coverage for use of personal vehicle while on company business, as required.
• Must have a solid understanding of electromechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
• Ability and willingness to work variable hours (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
• Proven previous customer facing technical competence.
• Ability to pass color test, as required.
• Ability to work unsupervised and travel to support surrounding geographies, as required.
• Demonstrated Windows and Network Connectivity competency.
• MS Office experience
• Demonstrated competency in use of laptop applications.
• Proven ability to work cooperatively within a team environment.
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Preferred: COMPTIA - A+ / PDI
$17.50 an hour + 4% vacation pay
5 days a week, Monday to Friday
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assignment, selection and placement process.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Talent at work
Alternate format available upon request.