Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs shop service and/or field inspection, testing, maintenance, and repair (if certified) of fire equipment which may include customer portable and fixed fire extinguisher systems and components, lifesaving and navigation aid equipment, fixed breathing air systems, fire detection and alarm system components, fixed gas detection systems components and foam, dry chemical, gaseous fire suppression systems and components and water-based fire protection systems.
- Completes all documentation associated with inspection and repair in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets.
- Learns to conduct detailed visual inspections and system functional tests of various systems and equipment for the purpose of reporting any deficiencies and corrective action recommendations to customer.
- Learns to conduct pre-job, job update and post-job completion briefs.
- Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready-to-use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery.
- Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
- Learns to rig-up and use a wide range of safety equipment including, but not limited to retractable lifelines, harnesses and lanyards.
- Assists others as needed.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED and at least one (1) year of field experience in fire protection, petrochemical, oil refinery or related industry. Associate’s degree, technical or military training strongly preferred.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck. Forklift experience considered a plus. Must have ability to pass internal forklift certification as required. Must be willing to travel to customer’s site and available for travel for short and long-term out-of-town and/or offshore projects. Must be able to obtain TWIC card and pass any required safety testing to include classes such as Basic Plus, OSHA 10 hour, etc.
May require to obtain driver’s license with a DOT hazardous endorsement if required by facility. Have or obtain an applicable State Fire Licenses (if required by State) or pass NICET Level II testing (if State Licensing not required) for appropriate areas of service within 12 months of hire date.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Demonstrated ability to operate electronic safety equipment and understand fire systems and components.
- Ability to operate and maintain, reassemble and test electronic safety equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose assigned equipment problems and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Knowledge of all regulatory standards pertaining to assigned responsibilities; i.e., State, OSHA, and NFPA regulations, etc.
- Must have knowledge of applicable Code of Federal Regulations. Coast Guard and ABS regulations if offshore.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested) where required by facility.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Interpersonal Communications: Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions.) Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Second language is a plus. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization preferred. Contacts with immediate associates and immediate supervisor for instructions, training and guidance. Daily customer contact.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Shop, indoor and outdoor industrial environments. May be frequently exposed to cold, hot, wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Works in customer environment. May be exposed to high pressure, chemicals, and traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Performs a variety of manual functions. Follows established procedures to perform standardized tasks. Most errors are caught during self-inspection or by higher level staff before leaving work unit. Supervisor assures that the work is technically accurate and in compliance with instructions or established procedures.
Authority: Works under direct supervision: Specific instructions are given on assignments or follows written or verbal instructions and established procedures and standard practice to perform assigned tasks. No direct reports, but may assist less experienced staff.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).