Amcor Rigid Packaging
Maintenance - 4th Class Engineer
Continental Shift - 12 Hours
Respect Amcor Rigid Plastics primary focus, which is to ensure the “Safety” of all co-workers, temporary workers, contractors and visitors granted access to the plant.
The 4th class operating engineer is to operate and maintain compressors, stationary engines, and auxiliary equipment.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The following is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities of the Operating Engineer but it is not limited to the items below:
- Operate stationary engines and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, and compressors.
- Start up and shut down power plant equipment, regulate water levels.
- Monitor and operate the plant’s Chiller Equipment.
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, and other instruments to measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow.
- Detect leaks or other equipment malfunctions and to ensure that plant equipment is operating at maximum efficiency.
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective action and minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failure.
- Clean and lubricate generators, turbines, pumps and compressors.
- Complete and maintain station records, logs and reports.
- Work alongside Maintenance staff in conducting PMs, Troubleshooting, repairs and housekeeping of production equipment.
- 4th class operating engineer certification.
- Experience with compressors and chillers.
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate pumps, Refrigeration systems, turbines, generators, compressors, and other equipment.
- Conduct start up and shut down of all process equipment required for production
- Monitor, trend and analysze all process equipment operating parameters to detect an abnormal conditions
- Maintain Daily work logs and reports
- Conduct Plant GMP and Safety Equipment PMs
- Work alongside the maintenance team when required
- To maintain the highest work quality standards with close attention to detail as needed to meet customer expectations.
- To show-up for work on time and work all scheduled shifts.
- To set an example that is consistent with the position held within the company.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in a positive way and in the spirit of cooperation and support of others.
- To fully meet the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- To actively support the decisions and policies of the company and its management.
- To treat people fairly, equally and with respect and to settle for no less in return.
- To be honest at all times and to conduct oneself with the highest degree of personal integrity.
- To communicate the right information to the appropriate people in an effective and timely manner.
- To maintain an appearance consistent with the position held.
- To actively expand personal knowledge of the business and related areas as they pertain to this role within the organization, encouraging others to do the same.
- To take “pride” in the company and help it make it a success.
- All other duties and projects as assigned
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Team
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- Plant Co-Workers
☒Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
Amcor is committed to providing accommodation during the recruitment process. We provide equal treatment and accommodation to ensure a positive and barrier-free employment experience. If you are an individual who requires accommodation, please contact us.