Agilus is currently recruiting for MULTIPLE Intermediate and Senior Glazing Drafters opportunity for an exciting and innovative organisation located in the Mississauga area. If you like to think outside the box and add value to dynamic projects, then this role may be for you!
The Glazing Drafter is primarily responsible for providing design, engineering and drafting support for the company. In addition, you must also provide support as required by the project management team, fabrication facility and the field in a manner focused on effective design, quality (error free) and in a timely manner to meet project schedule. Provide designs that are clean, complete, and comprehensive for submission, fabricating, and field installation. Ensure drawing quality is maintained and add to the existing libraries in design detail files.
- Ensure work is carried out to meet the quality control process and protocol for the drawings.
- Ensure product releases are accurate, error free and with proper sign off and approval.
- Work closely as required with the team of people in the design/drafting department, ensuring proper support is available to others in the company and adhere to changes made and policies defined.
- Drafts-person is to be hands on and complete the work directly with minimal supervision.
- Advanced 2D AutoCAD 2011 and subsequent versions in the future and meet the demands of the job.
- Prepare layouts, concept/shop drawings for submission, ensuring they pass QC protocol at all times.
- Generate fabrication and manufacturing drawings to be issued to the shop floor and prepare drawing/parts, parts list as required. These same drawings are to be used in the field and must contain all information for site staff to install properly and meet engineering and project specification requirements.
- Provide bills of material for supplies that are required to physically install the material in the field.
- As required meet with the appropriate staff members to come up with resolution to issues.
- Source parts and material from available literature, database and suppliers. Ensure our client is constantly at the forefront of new technologies, designs, systems available etc.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals as required.
- Monitor the dynamics of small to large scale structures and advise of errors, improvements that can be made to initial design parameters provided by General Contractor and/or architects.
- Prepare or evaluate technical proposals including RFI's, SI's, change orders etc. required.
- Ensure understanding & accurate interpretation of architectural drawings and specifications
- Build / contribute to library of extrusions and fabrication details and ensure this is protected.
- Ensure proper storage and protocol of files - both paper and electronic
- Perform other tasks as required.
Education & Training
- A recognized university degree or college diploma focused on construction, engineering or architecture.
- Mechanical drafting diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Specific training and excellent skills related to design and construction.
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Min. 3 - 5 years' experience in engineering, design and drafting and with 2D AutoCAD or higher version
- Min. 3 years exposure and experience within the glazing industry with a keen understanding of key suppliers, activities and construction methodology for glazing.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, structural drawings and contract specifications.
- Strong IT, software and hardware management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills; detail oriented; analytical; creative thinker.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Mike Fitzpatrick at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Key Words: Drafting, Design, Curtain Wall, Glazing, Aluminium, Windows, Glass, Facade, Building Envelope