Amcor Packaging Canada - Mississauga Ontario
Injection Blow Molding Technician
- The Machine Operator is responsible for setting up machines to ensure that the appropriate bottles are to be produced for production.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respect Amcor Rigid Plastics’ primary focus, which is to ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Operate and monitor Injection Stretch Blow-moulding machines to mould plastic goods, according to requirements.
- Regulate temperature, air pressure and volume of plastic
- Produce bottles on machines as per production requirements.
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Receives instructions from production sheet about what bottles are to be produced and what machines are involved.
- Checks set-up book regarding tooling, moulds, parts, etc.
- Pulls all materials/equipment and takes to machine(s).
- Replace parts using procedures/precautions as required.
- Checks for clearances, loose wires, etc. before starting machine(s).
- Adjusts weight of bottles by entering numbers for weight adjustment in the program (MACO 8000).
- Checks bottles for: hardness, holes, colors, etc. and adjusts computer to fix defects, contacting Q.A Manager as required.
- Receive copy of quality control sheet from Q.A. Manager.
- Makes adjustments as required until problems are corrected.
- Assists with production problems.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have the necessary skills to perform reading, writing and mathematics in English as required.
- Prior machine operator experience with Bekum machinery an asset.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
- Shift Leader
- Shift Supervisor
- Operations Manager
- Other plant employees
☒Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, push, and pull as necessary.
Work Environment :
Plant manufacturing setting.
The requirements and training are not limited to the above and could be modified depending on job assignment. Requirements may include other duties as assigned by management.
This is an hourly position that reports to the Shift Leader, Shift Supervisor or Operations Manager
Schedule: 12 hour rotational shifts or 8 hours, 5 of 7 days of the week. Overtime and on-calls may also be required.
Amcor is committed to providing accommodation during the recruitment process. We provide equal treatment and accommodation to ensure a positive and barrier-free employment experience. If you are an individual who requires accommodation, please contact us.