Database Administrator I (DBA I)
We are recruiting for an InnoSoft Database Administrator I (DBA I). The DBA I will be responsible for SQL database and applications. This will require both technical level experience and ability to interface with all levels of users. What you will find at InnoSoft is that no one day is the same. We are a tight knit team that works hard to play hard. Whether it be playing pool, foosball, attending a friendly volleyball face-off between offices, or one of our annual company retreats. We also offer continuous growth opportunities to help evolve and advance employees’ careers within InnoSoft.
InnoSoft is a global software company that has developed Fusion - an application that makes it easy to manage recreation facilities and its members. Our platform integrates hardware and software and provides applications for desktop and mobile users. We help to manage recreation departments for some of the biggest and best universities in Canada and the United States, including Boston College, UCLA, Notre Dame, Florida, Western and Waterloo to name a few.
Your overall tasks will involve some of the following:
- Supports and maintains MS SQL database applications.
- Conduct system tuning, performance monitoring and database maintenance
- Develops reports and custom extract requests for customers
- Assists with application and support when needed
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring enforcing the policy of least privilege
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to end users
- Part of the design process for new features, including logistical and storage design
- Install and Test new versions of the database management systems (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the data protection act, GDPR, etc.
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that the storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning with recognized time management
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operations staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Manage security and disaster recovery aspects of database with effective thoroughness
You have experience with the following:
- MS SQL
- Query Writing
- 3-Tier applications
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA), Disaster Recovery (DR), and Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
- Experience with Windows Server, including Active Directory
You are familiar with:
- Cloud Database Management
- Query/Database Performance Tuning
- University or College educated or equivalent
- Self-Starter with strong work ethic, superior attention to detail and keen problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction
- The ability to quickly diagnose customer issues, provide seamless resolutions, and effectively share this information with other team members
- Familiar with software lifecycle and quality assurance concepts
- An understanding of priority levels based on customer impact
What we will expect from you!
- Act with integrity, ethics and honesty
- Treat everyone with respect
- Succeed through teamwork
- Ability to cope with change and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Take initiative and expect accountability
- Exceed customer expectations
- Perform with passion, creativity and commitment to surpass our goals
- Celebrate success and recognize outstanding achievement
Submit cover letter, resume, github links and anything else you want to share with us to at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Business Unit: Innosoft
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Number of Openings Available: 1
Worker Type: Regular
More About Jonas Software:
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas’ vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ‘Software for Life’ and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.