Agilus is currently seeking a Measurement Specialist for our client based in Calgary.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Product Quality and Measurement (Technical Services PQM), the Specialist, Measurement will be a member of the PQM team responsible for stewarding company’s measurement and product quality management programs.
• Act as a corporate subject matter expert on metering, measurement and product quality related topics;
• Develop and maintain company’s measurement and product quality management standards;
• Support the design, commissioning and maintenance of measurement and product quality management equipment throughout company systems;
• Provide businesses with effective day to day support particularly with leak detection, line balancing, NGL component balancing, NGL and Crude Oil quality management programs;
• Minimize volume measurement imbalances and quality specification excursions to ensure company’s meets contractual and regulatory obligations while retaining value for all stakeholders;
• Manage, execute and provide feedback to management levels associated with company’s EPAP program to ensure measurement activities comply with provincial regulations; and
• Provide education and training for producers, shippers, employees and contractors on measurement and petroleum quality standards, procedures and techniques.
• Process or Chemical engineering degree with a minimum of 5 years preferred however technologists with relevant training and pipeline measurement experience will be considered;
• NGL pipeline or fractionation plant experience and crude oil pipeline experience required, working directly with liquid metering, displacement meter provers, sampling systems and measurement management systems;
• Working knowledge of liquid products, specifications, industry standards, regulatory requirements, business drivers, etc... related to company’s businesses;
• Experience using process simulation software such as ASPEN HYSYS an asset with an understanding of quality and physical property impacts on pipeline operating parameters; able to develop effective technical solutions to current and anticipated operational or commercial problems;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate interaction and cooperation with all levels of management, other technical disciplines, regulators, customers and field operations personnel;
• Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical aptitude, resourcefulness and self-motivated;
• Energetic, resilient, collaborative while maintaining the highest standard of integrity;
• Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Must have a valid class 5 license
If you are interested, please apply directly online or submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!