Amcor Rigid Packaging
- Performs a variety of duties necessary to prepare containers for warehousing and shipment and to move plastic bottles from the production line into boxes or formed onto pallets for transport
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Remove plastic bottle from conveyor and visually inspect bottles for quality defects.
- Package product and assemble skids following instructions on production orders as well as any instructions provided by the supervisor, manager, lead or engineer.
- On hand pack lines – may form divider and place in assembled box, remove plastic bottles from conveyor and place in box as directed by production order.
- On palletized lines – oversee the safe and proper operation of the palletizer and strapper.
- Move filled boxes or completed skids of product to designated holding area for removal to warehouse.
- Must be able to comfortably perform job duties keeping up with machine output rate.
- Monitor conveyors/line performance. This may involve removing minor jams from equipment or adjusting conveyors or alerting line operator of jams.
- Must be able to maintain excellent housekeeping standards in work area.
- Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by the company absentee control program.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Must be regularly available and willing to work a continuous operation 12 hour shift schedule as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to move objects up to 40 lbs in weight.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, push, and pull as necessary during a 12 hour shift to package product for transportation.
- Must be able to climb stairs regularly and work at a height of 12 feet off the floor.
Work Environment : Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Accommodations are available, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.