- Performs warehousing and distributing of raw material for production such as but not limited to including dunnage, preforms, resins and colourant.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respect Amcor Rigid Packaging’s primary focus,that is to ensure the Safety of all employees
- Ensure that “forklift checks” are performed before use.
- Safely operate the lift truck to fulfill duties ensuring lift truck is in good condition.
- Supply necessary raw materials to production as needed.
- Monitor and maintain adequate supply of strapping and wrapping supplies on equipment
- Verify correct and accurate placement of production tickets on pallets
- Remove finished goods from production area and store in appropriate place in warehouse.
- Must be able to stack finished product in warehouse in a safe and orderly manner.
- Ensure stock rotation by adhering to “first in, first out” policy, whenever possible.
- Maintain a clean working environment and complete housekeeping sign offs.
- Assist with handling of customer returned raw materials i.e. dunnage
- Maintain communication with other departments and request assistance when necessary.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by the company absentee control program.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Must be regularly available and willing to work a continuous operation 12 hour shift schedule as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid forklift certification.
- Must exhibit good verbal and written communication.
- Must possess and demonstrate all the necessary skills required for the position.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
- Leadership Team
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Other plant employees
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.