Amcor Rigid Packaging
- Responsible for the efficient and safe operating of all electrical equipment installed in the plant.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respect Amcor Rigid Packaging’s primary focus, that is to ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Maintain all electrical equipment in a safe working order, ensuring all ANSI and CSA requirements are met.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems on all equipment.
- Troubleshoot PLC programs (Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC)
- Assist Maintenance Department in electrical design and project work.
- Give guidance to mechanics on basic electrical troubleshooting.
- Assist storekeeper with electrical spares; Keep all electrical cabinets clean and tidy.
- Assist the maintenance department as required.
- Ensure all electrical drawings are kept up to date.
- Ensure all electrical P.M.’s are completed as per Amcor BIC timelines.
- Update CMMS with all work.
- Monitor and complete all electrical work orders
- Work effectively and in harmony with all other departments and personnel to maintain and/or increase standards, quality and productivity.
- Attend courses as required by Amcor.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and flexibility toward overtime.
- Demonstrate leadership and high personal standards in relation to job performance.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Electrician License
- Certified Compressor Operator (completed at hire or within 12 months of hire)
- Proficient in the application of the English language. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals.
- Know and understand all the safety aspects of machine operation.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work a continuous operation 12 hour shift schedule as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Available to work as shift coverage with minimal notice
- Available to be on call
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
- Plant Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Lead
- Shift Supervisor/Lead
- Other plant employees
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to climb stairs regularly and work at a height of 12 feet off the floor.
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.