Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
The Social Marketing Specialist contributes to Spin Master’s success by assisting in the execution of strategic social media communication, channel, and content management and influencer marketing programs.
The strongest candidates will have experience working with social media platforms for consumer brands and will have knowledge of social strategy (both paid and organic). The candidate should also have experience working with bloggers / influencers on both an earned and paid basis. The successful candidate will assist in creating and executing blogger / influencer promotions, ambassador programs, brand contests, and digital and/or social media campaigns. They will have in-depth knowledge of social media strategy, including social listening and analytics, and able to advise on how it integrates and benefits the greater marketing plan.
This dynamic position will work very closely with our internal marketing, brand, media, digital, PR, creative departments and agency partners. The chosen candidate will model and act in accordance with Spin Master’s guiding principles. This position is based at Spin Master’s global headquarters in Toronto and reports directly to the Social Marketing Manager.
- Assist in the development of paid and earned influencer marketing strategy and campaigns for identified Spin Master brands, delivering results on time and on budget. This includes the ideation of influencer plans, identification, vetting and selection of influencers, creation of influencer briefing materials, product shipping and management, and content review, editing and approval.
- Research, identify, recruit and own influencer/brand ambassador or network programs
- Build strong relationships with social influencers through seeding programs and regular communication, coordinate influencer kits and samples, materials and post campaign reports
- Develop brand-specific social media strategy, channel planning and community management
- Assist in the development and execution of social brand roadmaps and brand content calendars laddering back to company’s social media strategy
- Actively measure campaign performance in conjunction with Marketing Analytics and provide brand teams with monthly snapshots and seasonal wrap ups; Prepare and present evaluations and recommendations of influencer and social media trends, technologies, competitive reviews, opportunities, and issues of interest to brand teams
- Work with Experiential, Shopper Marketing, Licensing, Digital Media, Entertainment and PR and other internal teams to create, leverage and amplify events, content, UGC, retail promotions and retailer messaging and ensure all legal requirements are met
- Work closely with Creative and Brand teams to develop content for social media channels
- Proactively manage the reputations of Spin Master and its brands through active social listening and reporting back to key stakeholders
- Assist with influencer and social media invoicing and payment processing
- Liaise with Customer Care to ensure social issues are escalated and actioned and work with Core Crisis Team to facilitate and monitor crisis social management
- Stay abreast of industry trends including competitor activity, latest influencer and social media advancements and relevant industry campaigns
Required Skill Set:
- Extensive Social Media Knowledge & Technical Skills - Experience in social media, as well as, in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and how each can be deployed in different scenarios
- Measurement and Reporting – Proficient in social listening and monitoring tools to interpret conversations and convert to information that can fuel smart, data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Influencer / Blogger Outreach - Experience identifying, recruiting and managing influencer / brand ambassador programs for large, global consumer-facing brands and has established relationships with them. Strong negotiation skills an asset. Knowledge of FTC blogger guidelines.
- Writing & Communication - Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience communicating with internal staff.
- Self-starter - Effective working independently and ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments with changing priorities
- Discretion - Ability to appropriately handle confidential / proprietary information
- Problem-Solving – Resourceful, creative hands-on approach to brand building and problem solving
- Organization - Ability to handle multiple campaigns simultaneously with excellent personal organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Digitally Savvy - Extremely proficient with Web research, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, iMovie or Premiere Pro, After Effects, Spreadfast and Social Listening platforms such as Synthesio, HootSuite, Sprout Social, Sysomos, Mention and brandwatch
- Flexibility – The world of social media is 24/7 while we don’t expect employees to be always on, this role is not 9-5. This role demands listening and responding with our community in a reasonable and timely manner. Travel, evening and weekend event coverage or crisis monitoring may be necessary periodically
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Influencer and Social Media experience: 2-3 years
- Relationship management with external agencies, vendors and business partners 2-3 years
- BA or BS in Marketing, Digital, Communications or related
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.