Position at ITW Construction Products Canada
DivisionConstruction Products Canada
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Job Location:Markham, ON
Cdn. Job Grade:
To assist in the development and execution of marketing initiatives and programs and to provide daily support to the marketing management team and sales and customer marketing support.
- Assist with the development of external competitive information with respect to product performance and competitors market positioning.
- Assist with the development of new programs and sets which can include planograms
- Coordinate product launch activities including packaging development, promotions, launch and post-launch activities.
- Create and manage external push/pull market communication program implementation and tracking effectiveness across brands into our selling channels.
- Assist with the development and execution of targeted marketing programs and communications for increased product, application, promotion and end user awareness and education.
- Organize and maintain marketing files and resources, such as, pricing information, POP, graphics, and other related marketing materials.
- Maintain the website and catalogue.
- Collaborate with the product managers to maintain marketing and promotional calendars.
- Develop a robust list of top one or two key suppliers that will be used by the marketing department for all marketing requirements. This will include managing the procurement of marketing materials to maintain cost effectiveness. Key contact for our outside contractors.
Customer Focus - Making customer satisfaction the primary focus. Set high standards and accountability for customer satisfaction. Encourage the implementation and acceptance of new, customer-focused processes, activities or programs; exceeding customer expectations and maximizing customer satisfaction.
Applies ITW Tool Box - Actively leverages key ITW principles across function to reduce costs, improvements and profitability.
Focus on Results & Accountability - Sets clear expectations, monitors progress, provides timely feedback and drives issues to closure to deliver promised results. Establishes/uses metrics that help individuals understand how they (and the business) are doing at all times
Facilitate Innovation - Develop innovative processes, communications, metrics and accountabilities that result in process improvements and improved customer satisfaction.
Drive to Excel - Sets challenging goals & maintains high standards. Fact driven and result oriented.
- Bachelor of Business Administration or comparable discipline.
- 2 years marketing exposure.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook; knowledge of order processing systems and database software.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal – ability to present to small informal groups as well as large groups
- Results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities with highly effective follow through skills; Project Management Skills, Planning & Organizational skills, Conceptual aptitude; professional networking/relationship building skills
The Marketing Associate performs the duties of this position within a variety of locations including, but not limited to: job sites, CPC offices and distributor locations. The incumbent is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in construction sites. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but may be higher when exposed to the job sites. Personal protective equipment is required when on job sites.
The position of Marketing Associate incurs minimal to moderate physical stress, discomfort or risk of accident or ill-health. Duties can require concentrated levels of focus and attention. This position requires the incumbent to be available to travel 10 % of the time and to operate a motor vehicle. On occasion extra hours on weekends and evenings are required to accommodate out of town customer visits, field work, trade show, intercompany visits and planning commitments.
The Marketing Associate reports to the Marketing Director. Reporting to the Marketing Director are: 1 Market Innovation Manager, 1 Product Marketing Manager.