Company & Brand Overview
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Duties & Responsibilities
As the Director of Marketing for the Jack Astor's brand, you will be responsible for:
• Collaborate with key stakeholders on future strategic direction of Jack Astor’s.
• Create and manage a 52 week marketing plan that aligns with the Jack Astor’s key initiatives.
• Overseeing the Jack Astor’s marketing budget.
• Oversee menu launches along with two core product and beverage menu updates on a fiscal basis, working with research vendors, test restaurants and culinary/beverage departments.
• Evolve and lead a high performing team to achieve strategic goals.
• Oversee all Marketing accountabilities including:
o Assessing the business need - including formulating a business case and financial rationale, where required.
o Assessing the proposed ideas, and determining the best one(s) with which to move forward.
o Gaining the alignment of key internal stakeholders within other departments (purchasing, culinary, beverage, IT, auditing, etc).
o Working with key partners (creative freelance, media agencies and printers) to implement and execute tactics on time and within budget.
o Ensuring stores are set up for effective execution of LSM (local store marketing) activities, and coaching and coordinating where necessary.
o Conducting a post-mortem on each project to ensure key learnings are summarized for implementation or deletion for next year’s programming.
o Position and guide the brand (brand promise, identity, story and all attributes) to maximize awareness and relevancy aligned with company growth objectives.
• Work with VP of Marketing and VP of Operations to gain approval and alignment for all major and long-term initiatives.
• Deliver actionable insights from competitive and guest research.
• Liaising with suppliers of marketing materials, ensuring timely delivery to stores and/or distributors.
• Responding and acting in a timely fashion on marketing issues received from cross functional teams and the stores, themselves.
• Proactively looking for opportunities to a) build awareness b) drive trial, c) frequency of current guest, d) profitability of current visit or e) cost savings.
• Ensuring that all programming, branding and materials seen by our guests are consistent with brand positioning.
• 10+ years of experience in Brand Management and/or marketing communication, in the food service, retail or packaged goods.
• University degree in Marketing, Business, or related field is mandatory.
• Restaurant operations experience is an asset.
• Director experience an asset.
• Proven direct report / team leadership experience.
• Demonstrates a 360-degree Marketing Excellence expertise.
• Strong strategic and creative thinking skills – and a flair for doing things differently.
• Strong analytical skills and proficiency in MS office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint are essential).
• Strong verbal and written communication and demonstrated presentation skills.
• Experience in writing focused briefs that demonstrate true consumer insight.
• Exceptional leadership skills with ability to lead a divergent group of operators and senior management through influence and persuasion. • Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational, time and project management skills, with and ability to multi-task several priorities.
• Highly flexible, easily accepting of change, high-energy level, driven for results.
• Experience with developing and executing marketing promotions and in-store merchandising POP.
• Experience in the social media and digital experience space an asset – and a curiosity for the same.
• Possess five values that define our people:
o Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
o Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
o Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
o Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
o Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.