NFI Parts, the parts sales and support for New Flyer (NFI Group), is seeking a Technical Researcher to join its growing international team.
NFI Group is North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor. NFI Parts provides part sales and support activities, technical publications, training and support for its OEM product lines (transit buses and motor coaches). All buses and coaches are also supported by an industry-leading comprehensive warranty, service, and support network.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, NFI Group is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a key member of our Publications Team and working under the direction of the Sr. Technical Editor, you will research, analyze, mark-up and assemble build specific work packages from different data sources, and perform product data research as needed.
What you will do:
- Create manual section research packages, compare and identify changes or new information by extracting data from all available sources including engineering Bill of Materials (BOMs), product photos, supplier documents, engineering specs and/or engineering drawings.
- Liaise with engineering staff and part suppliers to source new data and verify the accuracy of existing data.
- Maintain proper records of part supplier (vendor) data requests and perform follow-up actions to ensure that data requested is correct and obtained when required.
- Organize the assigned research information packages in order of priority and project strategy so they can be completed and handed over to the illustration group within the deadlines given.
- Collect and communicate to the Technical Editor all data inaccuracies identified during the project so they are promptly recorded into the update system.
- Complete all Team Center research work tasks as assigned by Technical Editors.
- Assign New Flyer part numbers to new OEM supplier parts.
- Two or more years of experience interpreting manufacturing BOMs and engineering drawings
- Strong communication, organizational and investigative skills
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to quality
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively within a team environment
- Capable of working under tight deadlines
- Experience in sourcing vendor data
- Experience with Oracle BOMs, engineering data management systems such as Team Center, experience with heavy equipment/automotive parts manufacturing and a strong mechanical aptitude will be considered an asset