NFI Parts, the parts sales and support for New Flyer (NFI Group), is seeking a Technical Editor to join its growing international team.
NFI Group is North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor. NFI Parts provides part sales and support activities, technical publications, training and support for its OEM product lines (transit buses and motor coaches). All buses and coaches are also supported by an industry-leading comprehensive warranty, service, and support network.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, NFI Group is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a key member of our Publications team and working under the supervision of our Publications Coordinator, you will record, research, revise and edit technical manual update publishing projects. You will also assist in the coordination of update projects when required.
What you will do:
- Perform update and production support research and editing tasks according to established procedures and within scheduled deadlines.
- Compile, record, research, assess and provide recommendations for update requests.
- Accurately interpret source data such as BOMs, ECOs, Update information, technical summaries, vendor documents and technical diagrams/schematics.
- Contact engineering and OEM supplier staff to verify accuracy and completeness of data and/or obtain new information or clarification.
- Collaborate with Publications leaders and staff in an effective manner as required in large projects.
- Analyze and identify illustrating requirements for new content.
- Assess, develop and maintain update related processes and procedures.
- Follow departmental technical writing/research/editing practices and procedures.
- Certification/diploma in technical communications or engineering technology from a recognized technical college or combination of education and experience
- Two or more years of technical writing and/or editing experience in the heavy equipment, automotive or aerospace industry
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent knowledge of technical document lifecycle strategies
- Adept in MS Office Suite, Windows OS network, Oracle ERP and Teamcenter.
- Knowledge of computer publishing programs such as Adobe Framemaker XML and a good understanding of single source publishing is an asset
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail specifically in hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic systems
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast-paced team oriented environment