New Flyer Industries – North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor is seeking a Production Welder to join its growing international team.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, New Flyer is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a member of the welding team, this position will be responsible to operate welding machines and work with a variety of weld fixtures while adhering to the CWB welding procedures.
What you will do:
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to weld using various material and techniques (specifically MIG and TIG).
• Ability to read and interpret welding blueprints and/or process sheets.
• Ability to interpret weld symbols.
• Complete tasks while ensuring performance targets and quality are met.
• Two to three years’ welding experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
• Have great interpersonal and communication skills.
• Previous experience with 5S and lean manufacturing would be considered an asset.
• Able to perform required duties with minimal supervision.
• Thorough knowledge of all types of welding procedures and practices.
• Must be available to work all shifts.