NFI Parts, a division of the NFI Group, is seeking a Category Lead to join its growing international team.
NFI Group is North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor. NFI Parts provides part sales and support activities, technical publications, training and support for its OEM product lines (transit buses and motor coaches). All buses and coaches are also supported by an industry-leading comprehensive warranty, service, and support network.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, NFI Group is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a key member of our Supply Chain team, you will be responsible to develop and implement strategies, analytics and overall management of a category of parts to support NFI Parts customer requirements. This includes developing and managing supplier relationships and sourcing strategies to ensure parts availability to meet service level expectations, while managing the total cost of ownership to NFI Parts.
What you will do:
- Lead all aspects of the strategic sourcing process for an assigned category including managing category profiles, developing sourcing strategies, execution of sourcing plans, and supplier negotiations.
- Build relationships with suppliers and collaborate with our production strategic sourcing team to ensure overall cost and performance objectives are met.
- Work closely with sales and business development to identify new business opportunities, develop plans and supplier agreements to support new initiatives.
- Take primary accountability for delivering results through cost and category goals including savings targets, supplier consolidation/reduction, base sourcing and new supply sources.
- Lead the category team in development, monitoring and reporting of KPI’s and scorecards to support the performance of the category.
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement supplier performance programs to support NFI Parts objectives.
- Responsible for the personnel management of the category team.
- Conduct supplier site visits and attend trade shows as needed.
- Work closely with supporting departments (Inventory Planning, Traffic & Customs, and Warehouse Operations) to ensure optimal supply chain performance.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Supply Chain management or related field will be considered
- SCMA, ISM or APICS continuing education is beneficial
- Two – three years of experience in a leadership role
- Advanced knowledge in strategic sourcing, purchasing, negotiation and MRP
- Ability to lead and motivate a team within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational/analytic skills, detail oriented and self-motivated individual
- Intermediate to Advanced excel skills
- Knowledge of Oracle is an asset
*Travel is required for this position*